How Jones Brothers Make the Most out of Lofts in Chipstead
You’ve called us to visit your Chipstead home looking for a free quote on loft conversions and you’ve decided that you would like to use our experienced services. You then think about the benefits of what loft conversion specialists like our selves can offer but there’s still some nagging doubts at the back of your mind. What do you do next?
Let Jones Brothers Loft Conversions Ltd put your mind at rest as we run through some key points on how we turn lofts into fully functional attic conversions in Chipstead, Surrey and all of the surrounding local areas:
1. When we quote, we’ll make sure that your home’s foundations are sturdy enough to carry the extra weight that attic conversions can bring. This is mainly only done as a precaution because nearly all homes in the Chipstead area are solid enough to carry the additional weight load of loft and attic conversions.
2. We will show you final designs of lofts which show how much head height you’ll have available as this can surprise some people. We try to make the best of the space available, which also means planning on where to put the staircase leading to loft conversions will be. Optimising space is what our company is all about.
3. As loft conversion specialists, we will take care of dealing with building regulators (which is separate from planning permission) covering Chipstead. Did you know planning permission is only needed if structural movement is required in lofts? We will advise you accordingly when carrying out the estimate.
4. If a Chipstead property is semi-detached or terraced, you need to notify your neighbour of your proposals. This comes under the Party Wall Act, which is a legal obligation when loft conversions or house extensions are being undertaken.
5. Loft stairs leading to attic conversions are built to blend in with your Chipstead home’s décor. Space can be tight in some properties but Jones Brothers will create a purpose-built staircase that will be stylish, practical and suitable for surroundings.
6. Loft conversion specialists like Jones Brothers will accommodate skylight windows that give sufficient light to open up lofts and let them bathe in the sun with no barriers whatsoever! We fit Chipstead home with dormer and Velux windows.
7. Insulating lofts is essential and, while sloping ceilings have caused temperature issues with loft conversions issues undertaken by lesser contractors than ourselves, we will be able to make sure that heat is kept in and the cold is kept out.
8. All loft conversions and attic conversions undertaken by Jones Brothers are fully guaranteed for 10 years and we are, of course, fully insured with a level of public liability cover. Don’t forget quotes are available with no obligation.