1. Identity and Contact Details
This privacy notice details how we use information collected by our websites: https://www.jonesbrothersloftconversions.co.uk/
These sites are managed in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation in the UK. The data controller is Jones Brothers Loft Conversions LTD 54 High Street, Ewell, Epsom, Surrey, KT17 1RW.
You can contact our privacy officer at the address above or by emailing email@example.com.
2. The Data
Whilst you use our website we may collect information that is personally identifiable. The table below describes the information we collect and why we do so.
Please note that this list only applies to your use of our website. If you interact with us in other ways, then additional privacy notices detailing other information and purposes will also apply.
3. Data Sharing
We may share your information with other companies in line with the purposes listed above. In all cases, we have contracts and agreements in place to ensure that your information is protected and is not used for any other purpose than those listed above. Companies that we share information with are:
- Other companies within our group where applicable
- Companies involved with the design, hosting and maintenance of the website and our email and IT systems
- Companies providing us with marketing services
- Companies involved in fulfilling your order if applicable
4. International Transfer
Where information is transferred outside of the EEA, we ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your information to the same or an equivalent level as would be found in UK and EU data protection legislation. The safeguards we use are:
- Ensuring the country is the subject of an EU adequacy decision; or
- Ensuring the company is a member of an adequate. Legally-binding scheme such as EU-US Privacy Shield; or
- Ensuring the contract includes ICO-approved model contract clauses; or
- Ensuring the organisation is subject to ICO-approved binding corporate rules or an ICO-approved code of conduct.
In accord with relevant data protection legislation, we will not retain your information for longer than is necessary for the purposes listed above and to deal with any complaint or dispute you may have. If you require further information about our information retention policies, please contact us.
6. Your rights
Under UK and EU data protection legislation, you have a number of rights with respect to your information. These include:
- The right to be informed about the information we hold about you
- The right of access to the information we hold about you
- The right to have any errors rectified
- The right to withdraw consent (where consent is the basis of processing)
- The right to object to processing
If you have any questions about the information we hold, how we use it or how to exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact details above or contact your account manager if you have one. You can also use the opt-out facilities provided in our marketing emails and in the settings on our website to change your preferences and consents at any time.
If you have any cause for complaint about the way we care for your information, please do contact us and we will do our best to resolve the situation for you. You also have the right to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can find details of how to contact them here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most websites do this too.
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- your display preferences, such as contrast colour settings or font size if applicable
- if you have already replied to a survey pop-up that asks you if the content was helpful or not (so you won’t be asked again)
Also, some videos embedded in our pages use a cookie to anonymously gather statistics on how you got there and what videos you visited.
Cookies are also stored by Google Analytics, the Google service which measures the effectiveness and efficiency of the website.
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.